Calgary - Banff - Vancouver - Whistler no Canadá

Troca de informações sobre destinos no Canadá.
asnt70 Mensagens: 344
Sex Jun 09, 2017 12:21 am
Granfa indiscutivelmente é im ponto de parada ! Verifique se dará para fazer Vancouver a Banff e, uma tacada só, acho muuuuito puxado, dormi em Kelowna, mas acho que não tem nada para fazer lá. Já JASPER é linda, só acho que dormir lá não tem muita opção
Abracos

André Sant Ana
rafalais Mensagens: 1
Qua Jun 14, 2017 1:16 pm
olá!
Estamos planejando uma viajem para Vancouver. Somos apaixonados por natureza e trilhas, então queremos ir para banff visitar as montanhas rochosas. Porém, fazendo levantamento de preços de hoteis, passeios, comidas, etc. Pensamos na ideia de alugar um motorhome. Vamos em 2 pessoas no final de setembro, começo de outubro. Vocês acham que é melhor do que ir de carro? e a rota? vimos as cidade de Jasper e Calgary, vocês indicam conhecer?
qual é o melhor roteiro?

Obrigada!!
Att,

Rafaela.

asnt70 Mensagens: 344
Qua Jun 14, 2017 2:00 pm
Fiz Vancouver até Banff, pernoitando em Kelowna, é um bate-volta a Icefields patkway (JASPER) a partir de Banff, depois fui a Calgary pegar voo de volta.
Achei muito bom meu roteiro.
Vi muitos motorhome no trajeto.
Ir por ir a Calgary eu acho besteira.
Bela viagem ...

André Sant Ana
AdrianoV Mensagens: 1755
Seg Jul 03, 2017 3:39 pm
Esse ano em comemoração aos 150 anos do Canadá os parques nacionais estão com entrada gratuita, só retirar a permissão que vai no vidro do veículo em algum dos lugares autorizados. Já dá uma boa economia, pois li ser algo em torno de C$ 20,00 por dia.

Qui Ago 24, 2017 12:33 pm
Acabei de voltar de um roteiro por Vancouver, Revelstoke, Banff, Jasper, Whistler e Vancouver. Simplesmente sensacional!! Um dos lugares mais lindos que já vi na vida, impressionante!! Valeu muuuuuuuuito a pena!!!!

remylebeau Mensagens: 572
Sex Ago 25, 2017 2:20 pm
AdrianoV, boa tarde!

Estou indo para o Canadá no mês que vem com a minha esposa, ficaremos uma semana em Banff/Jasper. Você tem dicas para compartilhar?
Chegarei em Calgary no Domingo pela manhã, 24/09 onde pegaremos um carro e vamos direto para Jasper (2 noites) e depois descemos para Banff (4 noites). Pegaremos o voo de volta para Toronto no Sábado, 30/09.

Sex Ago 25, 2017 3:44 pm
Com uma semana ali você consegue curtir muito a região, especialmente se gostar de hiking.

Vou reproduzir aqui as excelentes e detalhadas dicas de uma amiga de Chicago:

"Banff:
Stayed at Juniper Bistro Hotel and had dinner there our last night in Banff - http://thejuniper.com/dining/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - it was delicious and their dining room/patio is awesome. Great views of the mountains. The hotel is off the highway, opposite of town. You can also go there for drinks/apps in the afternoon.
In town activities/nearby:
Walked along the Bow River, you can cross the bridge over it and follow a path to Bow River Falls. You can view them from the top of the falls or the bottom. Both worth seeing. The Falls are near the fancy Fairmont hotel.
We also did some hiking near the Cave & Basin Historical Site. We didn't go in there, but they have trails around that are nice.
There are lots of hikes in/near town, such as Sulphur Mountain that has a gondola ride, and Tunnel Mountain. I'd look at this site: https://www.banfflakelouise.com/hiking" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Johnston Canyon - we hiked here in the morning before it got too busy (it gets very busy). It's more of a walk but the falls are beautiful. You can continue on a trail past the 2nd waterfall.
Sunshine Meadows - you have to buy tickets to go up and it can sell out (so if you want to do it, try to book now). It's GORGEOUS. So many wildflowers. We hiked to all the little lakes and then took the long route back to the main building. It's recommended by Lonely Planet. It was one of my boyfriend's favorite hikes (we did about 10 different hikes in our 8 days in Canada).
Boom Lake - this was a nice hike and not too busy. The drive out to it was very pretty.
Food in Banff:
Sushi House Banff - kind of cheesy and sushi is OK, but it comes around on a train!
Block Kitchen + Bar - one of our favorite meals during the whole trip. It's less touristy and delicious! You can make reservations I think.
Banff Ave Brew Co. - more casual food, but we enjoyed it, especially because they have some outside seats that overlook the main street in Banff
Wild Flour Bakery - got breakfast here one morning
I think that's everywhere we ate - they have a grocery store in town where we bought stuff to pack for lunches on hikes, way cheaper!
I also looked up these places, but we didn't go: MacLab Bistro and The Bison. There are a ton of places off of Banff Ave & Caribou Street. Some get super busy with tourists and some are pricey, but it's all kind of expensive since they cater to tourists.
Just outside Banff:
You HAVE to visit Lake Louise & Moraine Lake. I recommend going to Moraine Lake first and early. They can close off the road to it if it gets too busy. We got there around 8:30am maybe...and by the time we left around 10 or so, the road was closed to more traffic. It's gorgeous. We didn't hike, just walked around the lake. They recommend on many of the hikes there that you go in groups of 4 or more because it was bear season. So we opted to hike at Lake Louise.
Lake Louise also gets busy, but you'll find parking if you stay patient. We went inside the hotel to see it and then hiked on the Plain of Six Glaciers Hike. It was probably my favorite hike. There is a tea house you can hike to and then you can go a little beyond the tea house. It was busy, but not horrible. Lake Louise becomes a tiny speck in the backdrop.
Icefields Parkway:
Spend a little time (if you don't plan on going all the way to Jasper) driving along here. There are so many beautiful lakes to stop at. My IG post from yesterday was all stops along this road. Also, we did Banff to Jasper, so if you do the opposite way, this will be a little different!
This is the website I used to help us decide where we wanted to stop.
Bow Lake is awesome. We only got out and walked around, but you can spend time there and hike back to some falls/glacier.
Peyto Lake is of course a must-see. It was my first picture on my IG post. You just walk on a paved trail like 10 minutes and then it's there. You can hike down to it, but the view from above is perfect.
The Waterfowl Lakes were nice. I think they're by a campground. We explored a bit to stretch our legs.
Mistaya Canyon was pretty - also in my pics off IG yesterday. I think these are the falls where people were walking all over the rocks, close to the edge, and it freaked me out!
Bridal Veil Falls are visible from a pull-off off the highway.
That brings you almost halfway up the Parkway to the Athabasca Glacier. We stayed the night there and did the Ice Walk tour the next morning. If you have time, I HIGHLY recommend. It's a 3 hour walk up the glacier. We got the owner as our guide, Peter, and he's great. We still keep in touch. If you do it, mention Steph & Connor from Chicago! Peter has his big white dog George join him. The poor glacier has retreated so much over the past 20+ years, so it was neat to hike up it before it disappears.
We then continued up the Icefields Parkway to Jasper. Along the way, we saw Tangle Falls and the Quartzite Boulder Field from the car.
Sunwapta Falls were very neat.
The Goat Lick is visible from the car and so neat! Goats lick these rocks that are covered in salt. We saw quite a few and stopped to take pictures.
Athabasca Falls were also very neat to stop at.
There are several others stops, but I think these are all we did in the 2 days we drove on here. You can do the drive in a day, but we split it up since we did the glacier walk.
There aren't a ton of places for food/gas along the parkway. Some little stores since places have campgrounds. We stopped at The Crossing for lunch/beers. It's after Waterfowl Lakes.
We then stopped in Jasper for 2 nights I think.
Jasper:
We stayed right in town and the one place you HAVE to visit is Patricia Street Deli. A local guy owns it and is usually there. He is awesome. We went there both days to get sandwiches for our hikes. So many yummy toppings! The rotisserie chicken was delicious. Go go go
We also ate at Earl's and Downstream Lounge. We have an Earl's in Chicago, but it's from Canada so we had to try it there! I don't think they have as many outdoor seating places as Banff and overall restaurants because it's much smaller, but enough to find something!
We also hit up Tim Hortons for breakfast and coffee both days.
Hiking:
Bald Hills - great view of Maligne Lake. Strenuous but worth it. Unfortunately it started to storm in the distance when we went, so we didn't spend much time at the top and ran down! If you go there, it's a really nice drive out and you drive past Medicine Lake.
Edith Lake - we just drove over and sat on the shore. You can paddle board there too.
Pyramid Lake - we did a little hike over there that had a good view of the lake and town. We also walked by the lake. I don't remember the name of the hike.
Maligne Canyon - we went there when we got in. Lots of trails to walk along the canyon. It's cooler and very pretty. Walk further to get away from crowds.
I think that's all we had time for in Jasper! It's an easy town to explore. Of course there are more hikes and places to see.
Hopefully this helps you out! You are going to have an amazing time. I think you'll be driving through Glacier National Park of Canada on one of your ways to/from Vancouver and that is supposed to be gorgeous too!"

Eu não fiz exatamente como ela, até porquê o perfil da viagem foi diferente, ela com o namorado, eu com um amigo, ficando em hostel. Mas com essas dicas dela sinceramente você não precisa de mais nada, o resto vai vendo na hora, ainda mais que você tem um bom tempo pra isso.

remylebeau Mensagens: 572
Ter Ago 29, 2017 3:52 pm
AdrianoV, muito obrigado por compartilhar! Já salvei no meu caderno da viagem no Evernote e vou ler com calma! Abraços

Booking.com

Voltar para “Canadá”